Saturday, February 13, 2010

Introduction

The first thing you need to know is that I am a realist when it comes to my opinion on most movies. I love watching them, but I am almost always disappointed and typically walk out of the cinema cursing the creators for its flaws. I watch almost all kinds of movies and I can't pick my favourite. My list of must see films include Fried Green Tomatoes, The English Patient, Gladiator, Braveheart, It's a Wonderful Life, Lord of the Rings trilogy and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. My biggest bias, however, comes with rom-coms - must be the sappy side of me. I know that they are all the same but I can't help it. Recently though there seems to be no life or effort put into them anymore. Where are the fresh witty scripts? You can't even compare Valentines Day with Love Actually.

My biggest passion is theatre. Walking to my seat with ticket in hand and staring up at the big red curtain or getting a sneak peak at the set. Trying to figure out the mood or tone of the play before it starts based on what you see and then getting it completely wrong. I love it. My favourite playhouse is Vertigo Theatre in Calgary which is a small venue that only shows mystery plays. They do a fabulous job with the sets, direction and play selection. I don't know what it is about mystery plays but trying to guess who dunnit in intermission is half the experience.

So that's a little about me and what I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment